is the latest software in a series of highly reliable, easy to use
products from Siber Systems, the makers of RoboForm. The program
automatically synchronizes and backs up emails, photos, financial
documents, MP3s and any other important files between desktops,
laptops, servers, and external drives.
GoodSync uses an
innovative synchronization algorithm to prevent file deletion, data
loss, and eliminate duplicate files. GoodSync already enjoys numerous
favorable reviews from both users and the press. Its powerful
technology is remarkably easy to use, and is the only solution that
offers true bi-directional synchronization.
• True Bi-Directional Synchronization Prevents Data Loss
GoodSync can automatically detect and synchronize creation, deletion,
and all other changes, made by the user in folders, subfolders, and
• One-Way Synchronization Provides an Easy Backup Solution
Easy to setup One-Way Synchronization provides an easy and reliable backup solution.
• Syncs not just Windows folder but also FTP, WebDAV, SFTP
GoodSync can sync any two folder located on Windows Local Disk, Windows
Network Server (SMB), FTP server, WebDAV server, Secure FTP (SSH)
• Now syncs with your Phone and Pocket PC too
GoodSync can sync files on Windows Mobile Phone or Pocket PC device (Windows CE) to desktop.
• Selective File Synchronization
Files can be excluded from synchronization based on specified criteria.
• Flexible and Easy Sync Automation
Analysis and Synchronization can be automatically started by timer, on
schedule, on portable disk arrival, on GoodSync start, on Logoff.
• No File System Monitoring Is Required
Changes in files are automatically detected by comparing current file
status to the stored file status, so no OS-based file monitoring is
• Deletions Are Propagated
GoodSync can propagate your file deletions, even through a chain of Syncs.
• Chained Synchronization for Multiple Devices Provides Optimal Convenience
Changes performed by GoodSync can be transferred to other computers/devices.
Example: You can synchronize files between computers A and B which are
not connected to each other, by synchronizing Computer A to a USB disk,
and then syncing USB disk to computer B.
• Time Shifts Are Detected And Fixed
When modification time of number of files is different by the same
whole number of hours, GoodSync can correct file modification time
without copying the file.
• FTP File Modification Time Sync
GoodSync uses MDTM FTP command (where available) to get/set precise file modification time.
• File Mod Time Translation For Non-Preserving File Systems
For file systems that do not preserve file modification time when copying, GoodSync implements
a novel time translation technique that make mod time appear to be preserved by copy action.
• Easy Syncing of Just File Modification Times
If you think that files are the same and they have different modification time,
GoodSync can copy just modification time, without copying the file bodies.
• Real Time Action Monitoring in User Interface
All changes, conflicts, and other actions are automatically detected
and are displayed for real time monitoring. Automated resolution of
conflicts is also available.
• Visual Comparison of all Files Made Easy
File and folders are displayed on one tree making visual comparison
easy. Unlimited number of files and folders can be displayed on one
tree with properties displayed for each file.
• Slice It and Dice It With Tree Views
File to be synced are sorted into different groups (All, Left to Right,
Right to Left, New Files, Deleted Files, Excluded, etc) and Tree Views
allow to see all these different groups in File Tree.
• Tab Display for Jobs Allows Better Organization and Matching of Sync Jobs
Each Sync pair (Job) is shown as tab in the main window.
• Total Bytes and Counts At All Levels
At every level of your file tree you will how many size and what total size will be copied both ways.
• Browse Dialog for Easy Folder Selection
Browse dialog allows you to select folder both in Local and Remote file
systems using the same easy tree-based graphical interface.
• Free Space Required Predicted
GoodSync computes Free Space needed to complete Sync before you start it,
so you know whether you have enough disk space before you start.
• Logs of Actions and Changes Report
All changes are reported, with file modifications, on the tree. All
file operations performed by GoodSync are logged to log file and on
screen. A change report is available for tracking and analysis.
• Job Tags Mark Portable Devices
Job Tags ensure that when you plug in portable disk and GoodSync syncs with it,
it is the same disk that you synced with last time.
• Online Backups Via Encrypted Channel
If you backup to Secure FTP or WebDAV + SSL online file systems then
all files transferred and your authentication passwords are encrypted en route.
Size : 5.1 MB